Well, it’s been awhile since I last wrote the two guides “How to Win A Girl” and “How to Win A Guy”. Seeing how many hits they’ve generated, and the popularity of those two posts, I figured I’d write a follow up post on “How to ask someone out.” I’m also writing this because my brother said that this was one of the most searched phrases on the internet, and why not get more hits to my site! So here goes, a few tips on asking someone out.
1) Find some one on one time – It’s a lot easier to ask someone a question when it’s only the two of you. Fewer distractions, and fewer people that can get in the way. So simply find a good time where you can be with just that other person.
2) Work up to it – Would you ask a stranger such a personal question? Most likely not! Even though you most likely know the person you want to ask out, you don’t want to just drop such a question on them. Work your way up to it in the conversation. Start out talking about other things that can get the both of you just talking. After awhile, you’ll both be more comfortable since you’ll have been talking for a period of time.
3) Be happy, smile! – If someone were trying to sell you something, and during the whole time they had a scowl on their face, would you really want to buy anything from that person unless you really had to buy it? Likewise, when trying to ask someone out, I would hope you’d actually be happy that you’re talking to that person. You may be nervous, but at least hide it by smiling!
4) Be confident! – This follows up on the previous point. Confidence is key if you want to help out your chances. Image can be everything sometimes, so help yourself out and at least pretend to be confident and know what you’re doing when asking the other person out. If you come across as wishy-washy, then how will they even know if you’re seriously asking them or just joking around? So relax, and be confident when you ask!
5) Do something nice – While not always necessary, this step can never hurt…unless you give the other person something they absolutely hate. So stick to the simple things, such as giving the other person a flower, or a nice card. Something that they’ll be able to appreciate. This does not mean you should go spend a lot of money on something. Buying someone’s affection will never work. So no need to waste your money and overdo things. Think simple, think nice.
6) Just ask! – If you want to ask someone out, you need to just simply ask them out. The other person will never know your intentions if you never get around to asking them. So just repeat after me: “Will you go out with me?” There you have it, nothing more to it than that. There’s also no need to drag things out for long periods of time. It’ll only make the other person annoyed or angry, and that won’t help you at all. Remember, if you never ask, you’ll never know what they may have responded with.
7) It’s not the end of the world - While asking someone out can be a nerve wracking time, it’s not something that should put you into a depression if you don’t get the answer you’re looking for. Relationships are hard, and require two people for something to actually happen. If only one person wants a relationship, then there’s really nothing the other person can do. You may have done all you can for them to like you, but in the end, it’s not your decision as to what they’ll answer. So even if they say no, everything will still be ok.
So there you have it, some guidelines to what you can do in asking someone out. These are only guidelines, and may or may not work, but you’ll never know unless you ask.
Some helpful posts:
How to Win a Guy in 7 Steps
How to Win a Girl in 7 Steps
7 Steps to a Better Looking You!
7 Steps to Better Etiquette
The Value of a Good Smile!
Making Skillful First Impressions!
How to Apply Eye Makeup in 7 Steps
Heh, I should put together a book and sell it…