I’d like to think that I have a good smile, and I have been told that I smile a lot. Anyways, I’d like to suggest that people smile more often. Why, might you ask? Simply because a smile can do a lot of things for you and for others. Other than working out your facial muscles, here are a few things a smile can do:
1) A good smile makes you more attractive! Well, kinda… As long as you have good teeth behind that smile, then you’re good to go. Otherwise, you might want to work on the closed mouth smile. If you have a good smile, then I’d say you’re already ahead of the curve.
2) A good smile will brighten the days of others! How many times have you had a bad day, but then seen a friend who was smiling. For a few moments you’ll most likely forget about your troubles and smile back at your friend. Smiles are contagious! So spread some smiles!
3) A good smile exudes confidence! A weak smile only shows insecurity. Who doesn’t want to appear confident? If you’re meeting people for the first time, you want to give a good first impression, one that says you’re confident, not one that says you’re scared. This comes in extra handy at those interviews!
4) A good smile can help to lighten the mood. If everyone’s talking in straight faces, and one person’s smiling while they talk, the tone of the conversation will definitely lighten up, or “cheer up”. While there’s nothing wrong with serious conversations, it’s always good to lighten up once in awhile.
5) Smiling leads to laughing. Everyone should have a good laugh everyday. It’s not only fun, but I think it’s supposed to be healthy to have a good laugh. So not only are you having fun, but you’re helping everyone’s health out by leading them to laughter!
6) A good smile can let others know that they’re with a friend. If you’re smiling at other people, then they can come to you without reservation or worry because they can see that you’re smiling at them. Just make sure you’re smiling at that person and not the wall, so that they do know you’re a friend.
7) A good smile can also help how you view life. If you’re walking around with a frown, then you’re obviously looking at life through sad eyes. All the details you see will have a sense of sadness to them. If you’re walking around with a scowl on your face, then you’re viewing life with an angered demeanor. So why not smile, and view life with a more cheerful attitude?
So there you have it! You all should now go out and walk around with a smile on your face! Just make sure you have good teeth too